- ASUU: It’s unsafe to reopen varsities now, COVID-19 guidelines absent
- WAEC FINALLY ANNOUNCES DEADLINE FOR 2021 WASSCE REGISTRATION
- JAMB 2020 Candidates Must Upload Results To be Considered for Admission
- LASU 1st batch Pre-degree admission list for 2020/2021 session
- 2020/2021 INDIGENESHIP VERIFICATION EXERCISE FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INDIGENES OF LAGOS STATE
🦅Branches of the Academic Staff Union of Universities on Sunday assessed COVID-19 protocols in the universities and said the institutions were not ready for safe reopening.
🦅The chapters of the union, in separate interviews with The PUNCH, commented on the directive of the National Universities Commission that universities could resume on January 18, but must adhere to COVID-19 protocols in hostels and lecture halls.
🦅ASUU said although its members were ready to start work, government had not put measures in place for safe reopening of the schools.
🦅ASUU’s concern came amid coronavirus cases and deaths, which rose to 99,063 and 1,350 respectively on Saturday.
🦅The union Chairman at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State, Dr Adeola Egbedokun, in an interview with one of our correspondents, said classroom and hostel situations in universities did not in any way conform with COVID-19 protocols.
Egbedokun further said no preparations had been made so far for the safe re-opening of the universities and urged parents to insist on safety before re-opening.