- UNILAG guidelines and instructions for the 2020 Post-UTME screening
- ASUU: It’s unsafe to reopen varsities now, COVID-19 guidelines absent
- WAEC FINALLY ANNOUNCES DEADLINE FOR 2021 WASSCE REGISTRATION
- JAMB 2020 Candidates Must Upload Results To be Considered for Admission
- LASU 1st batch Pre-degree admission list for 2020/2021 session
The Vice-Chancellor of the Lagos State University ( LASU), Prof. Olanrewaju Fagboun has been reportedly locked out by the university’s staff unions as the university resumes today after the coronavirus break.
It was gathered that the unions namely; Academic Staff Union of Universities, the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Non-Academic Staff Union, and the National Association of Academic Technologists started a protest as early as 7. am at the university’s gate and prevented members of staff from gaining entry into the University.
The unions are protesting the non-payment of the salary increment promised them by the Lagos State Government over a year ago.
They claimed that other Lagos State workers had received the increment but all the tertiary institutions in Lagos State were yet to be included.
The Vice- Chancellor made efforts to appeal to the unions but they didn’t oblige him.
It was gathered that the protest by the unions is holding across tertiary institutions in Lagos State