- LASU 1st batch Pre-degree admission list for 2020/2021 session
- 2020/2021 INDIGENESHIP VERIFICATION EXERCISE FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INDIGENES OF LAGOS STATE
- Ogunyemi reacted to Nwajiuba’s statement that issues raised by (ASUU) concerning the seven-month strike
- Christian leaders in the Federal Capital Territory, have called on the government (ASUU)
- The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has blamed the Federal Government for frustrating efforts to resolve issues that resulted in the ongoing strike embarked upon by the lecturers
The Vice-Chancellor of the Lagos State University ( LASU), Prof. Olanrewaju Fagboun has been reportedly locked out by the university’s staff unions as the university resumes today after the coronavirus break.
It was gathered that the unions namely; Academic Staff Union of Universities, the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Non-Academic Staff Union, and the National Association of Academic Technologists started a protest as early as 7. am at the university’s gate and prevented members of staff from gaining entry into the University.
The unions are protesting the non-payment of the salary increment promised them by the Lagos State Government over a year ago.
They claimed that other Lagos State workers had received the increment but all the tertiary institutions in Lagos State were yet to be included.
The Vice- Chancellor made efforts to appeal to the unions but they didn’t oblige him.
It was gathered that the protest by the unions is holding across tertiary institutions in Lagos State