- LASU 1st batch Pre-degree admission list for 2020/2021 session
- 2020/2021 INDIGENESHIP VERIFICATION EXERCISE FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INDIGENES OF LAGOS STATE
- Ogunyemi reacted to Nwajiuba’s statement that issues raised by (ASUU) concerning the seven-month strike
- Christian leaders in the Federal Capital Territory, have called on the government (ASUU)
- The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has blamed the Federal Government for frustrating efforts to resolve issues that resulted in the ongoing strike embarked upon by the lecturers
The Taraba State University chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on Wednesday resumed an indefinite strike to accentuate its demands.
The union had embarked on a strike in 2018 but suspended it when the Taraba government promised to meet its demands which included the payment of earned academic allowances from 2014 till date, and the provision of required infrastructure to enhance teaching and learning
Dr Samuel Shikaa, the ASUU chairman in the school, and Dr Atando Agbu, the Secretary, in a statement shortly after the Executive Council Meeting with national officials in Jalingo, said that the teachers would remain at home until the demands were met.
Mr Ande Boyi, President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NASS), Taraba State University chapter, In a reaction to the strike has appealed to Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba to meet the union’s demands to enable students continue with their studies.