- UNILAG guidelines and instructions for the 2020 Post-UTME screening
- ASUU: It’s unsafe to reopen varsities now, COVID-19 guidelines absent
- WAEC FINALLY ANNOUNCES DEADLINE FOR 2021 WASSCE REGISTRATION
- JAMB 2020 Candidates Must Upload Results To be Considered for Admission
- LASU 1st batch Pre-degree admission list for 2020/2021 session
The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) will on Saturday, 30th of March, graduate 9,452 students of which 106 will be graduating with First Class degrees.
Prof. Ndowa Lale, the Vice-Chancellor of the university, disclosed this at a news conference on Monday in Port Harcourt as part of programmes to mark the 32nd Convocation Ceremony of the institution.
Lale said the presentation of degrees, diploma, higher degrees,certificates and prizes would hold at the university on Friday and Saturday, the 29th and 30th of March.
He stated that the convocation was mainly for students who finished their academic programmes for the 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 academic sessions.
“In the undergraduate category, a total of 4,771 students were harvested with 3,205 and 1,566 for the 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 academic sessions respectively.
“Out of the figure, 106 graduands will receive the First Class Honours, 1,799 Second Class Upper Division, 2,533 Second Class Lower Division while 132 will receive Third Class degrees.”